The Ladies Guild was started to provide candles and sacred linens for the altar. Today it still provides altar linens, plus other items necessary for the altar. Some of the Guild members are the sacristans, taking care of the candles and doing the linens for the altar cloths.
Guild members continue to live out the corporal works of mercy:
- People in need, living in the community of Greencastle receive food baskets at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- the Guild purchases and transports sandwiches for both the women and men's retreats at Annunciation, our sister church, and at St.Paul’s .
- The Guild provides funeral meals for members of deceased parishione’s families.
- The Ladies Guild offers two masses annually for deceased members of the guild.
- Ladies guild members drive 45 minutes to Terre Haute several times a year to purchase and provide toys and clothes for the needy children that come to the Christmas House at the Catholic charities of Terre Haute.
- The ladies also help decorate the church for Christmas and Easter.
- The ladies of the guild assist in providing meal for the college students from Depauw University once a week when in session.
- The Ladies of the Guild assist in cooking and serving soup suppers during Lent.
There is a rummage sale in the fall and one in the spring along with a bake sale. People drop off rummage sale items on Wednesday and the sale is over by Friday afternoon at three. Whatever is leftover is given to the senior center of Greencastle or the local second hand store that supports the local animal shelter.
Another money raiser for the guild is the Christmas bazaar. People donate new or almost new Christmas items that are sold to local residents.
The Guild also joins the Knights of Columbus in the fall with a bake sale at their Oktoberfest.
||Financial support is provided for:
- The CareNet pregnancy center
- St. Vincent Depaul family support services
- College scholarships are awarded to local high school seniors
- The Guild raised $5000 for the St. Paul's youth trip to Poland.
- Gifts are given out to church staff members at Christmas, and gifts are provided for first communion and confirmation candidates.
- The Ladies Guild reaches out to other communities in the area that are in distress